Monday 2 January 2012

Budgie - I Turned To Stone

Budgie is a Welsh hard rock/heavy metal band from Cardiff,England. They are widely considered as one of the first heavy metal bands and a seminal influence to many acts of that scene,with fast, heavy rock (an influence on the New Wave of British Heavy Metal (NWOBHM) and such acts as Metallica) being played as early as 1971. The band has been noted as "among the heaviest metal of its day". Notable Budgie songs include "Breadfan", "Crash Course In Brain Surgery", "Parents", "I Turned To Stone" and "Napoleon Bona - Parts 1 & 2".Budgie was a 'three piece band' and now become legends and influence to other UK and US heavy metal and hard rock bands.

Budgie is :
Burke Shelly - Vocals and Bass
Steve Williams - Drums
Craig Goldy - Guitars
                                               Burke Shelly same like john lennon..hehe..


When i heard Metallica played "Breadfan" and "Crash Course In Brain Surgery" i thought it was original song from Metallica until i found out that was a cover version of Budgie song,"Crash Course In Brain Surgery".the song was recorded by Metallica and release on their 1987 EP called "Garage Days Re-Revisited"

                                                 Metallica 1987 EP


So, a few days ago,when i was at work,i heard from local radio station that played some rock song,and that DJ said it was his favourite song.and i ask to my fren, "lagu ape ni?bunyi macam lagu rock kapak melayu je"?best la lagu ni..sekali dengar melodi ngan muzik dia dah melekat"..and my fren said," I Turned To Stone,Budgie..aku ada cd lagu ni dulu"..then,back home,search at google,and i download it..heheh..so this week,i always played this song on my pc,and my iphone.its a hard rock song,not too heavy and not too slow.this song from Budgie 1981 album "NightFlight"
                                                                     NightFlight 1981
                                                              

Maybe u love it..try to hear this song..enjoyyy..



I was born yesterday

Trouble seemed so far away

Now it seems my friends no longer call

Everything was better then

I can still remember when

I saw the future with a certain glow



So I turned to stone

As I learned to know

When I turned to stone

Tell myself I'm feeling all alone



Many days have passed me by

Celebrate with sunny skies


Still I know I need a helping hand

And the friends I thought I knew

See them change my every view

Now it seems I'm seeing them as they really are



No I turned to stone

As I learned to know

When I turned to stone

Tell myself I'm feeling all alone



I was born yesterday

Trouble seemed so far away...

p/s : i wish i wanna born yesterday..dont have any trouble or "serabut kepala"..hehe..

3 comments:

  1. No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, so he/she
    wants to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.


    my homepage :: orquesta

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's remarkable to go to see this website and reading the views of all mates about this article, while I am also keen of getting familiarity.

    Here is my blog: clases de musica

    ReplyDelete